things I`ve learned:
*I cannot climb mountains. no matter how much my heart wants to, i cannot. something in my body witll not let me. it`s terrible. Needless to say I only made it to almost halfway up the volcano this morning. but I did get to see the sunrise, a beautiful view and the sunrise over the valley.
*buses DO NOT have toilet paper
*Tropic Thunder is WAAAAY funnier in Spanish on a bus
*if you ever go backpacking, bring a towel!
*The summer here is a lie. it is cold...
*never trust the bus schedule on the bus. always ask the driver...
*knowing the street that the party is on is not the same as knowing the address.
*we do not have cold water in the US. we have no idea what cold water is. i experienced it first hand today during my post ice covered mountain climbing attepmt shower. no bueno.
*if you don`t put your name on your food, someone WILL take it...and iven if you do, someone might.
*avoid the supermarket. always opt for street stalls...always
*even though the @ is on the Q on spanish keyboards, it cannot be made with the Q. you must press control, alt, and the 2, even though the 2 has " on it....crazy
*if you want to sound chilean, just say "po" at the end of every sentence.
*White Russians are not served in the little short glasses with lots of ice so you get like 3 sips here. oh no. they are served in 10 inch tall glasses and are very potent...:)
that`s about it...we leave from Pucon the city tomorrw to go camping! yay! but we wont be posting or emailing until tuesday or wednesday.
love you all! ciao!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
my spanish teacher is from chile. He said that gringos have a really hard time in chile sometimes becuase chilenas don't have the same sense of ownership. He said that if you leave stuff sitting around they will just go and pick it up and take it and said that it isn't a big deal to them.... fyi and interesting note.
love you.
hahahaha! i love that you had a white russian. i'm sorry you can't climb mountains...just remember that you made it a lot farther than me in nepal :)
I want to go hike volcanoes! but I work all week. I take my little motorcycle taxi adventures around town during the sieste in the middle of the day though. You've been to nepal?
i kind of don't believe that you had a white russian.
sorry.
i love you! tell me more tales, friend!
Post a Comment